Pages

Monday, February 20, 2006

Happy Birthday

I'm not sure what I did to deserve such an awesome, jam-packed birthday. I am definitely appreciative of everyone who participated and especially of those who planned and/or drove.

Top 7.5 Awesome Things About My Birthday:
7.5. Awesome pic...
7. midnight talking in the car;)
6. SUSHI! and Flaming Volcanoes
5. "Qwerstion"
4. Scarlet, The Bar Crawl (even if it was freezing so we sorta change the plan. I still want to go to those bars!)
3. Surprise trip to Raleigh to see Anna!!!!!
2. Getting a LOT of champagne!
1. Getting to wear a tiara all night and be the princess

Check out Serena's blog for a much better description of the night. I am trying to remain only mildly embarassed from the night and I blame most of it on that last shot of Grand Marnier. Before the shot was very different than after the shot.

Pre-Grand Marnier
*Cakelove cupcakes!!!!
*ass grabbing (but it was for the 'scavenger hunt'!
*innocent flirting
*posing for fun pictures
*talking with friends I haven't seen in quite awhile and was super excited to see

Post-Grand Marnier
*Telling strangers on the street I'm a cardiologist with heart surgery in the morning
*Asking "qwerstions" on the car ride home and unknowingly participating in conversation;)
*Missing many of the good parts
*"sleeping" on Steven in the car
*Being taped while singing "Sunday Bloody Sunday"

Friday was a lot of fun. I didn't go out with the intention of getting drunk (really, I didn't) but somehow I did. Somehow I think I got more drunk than I ever have been. With old age comes lower tolerance? I'm glad I was entertaining for a bit;)

Saturday was a huge struggle at first. With old age also comes the inability to bounce back from a night of belligerance and debauchery. But Steven and Serena "whisked" me away for Day Two of Birthday Surprising. I had an idea we were headed south and that Anna was involved but I honestly didn't know we were headed to Raleigh, NC. Only when we passed Richmond was I sure. How anticlimatic if they had said, "We're here! Middle of nowhere!" (What, Bealeton?) Car rides with the S Boos are always interesting and on the way down we played Mad Libs (for adults?) and answered questions from Serena's book of "Who would you do?". Seeing Anna was awesome and we spent the day eating out, taking pictures, being tired, buying/playing Apples to Apples, and giving voices to dragons. Oh and I drank a lot of water and we ate cupcakes. Yum! We didn't leave the area until about 930 which I think was a bit frightening to us since we were all beyond exhausted. But the Alphabet Game (a fierce competition won by me), the Movie game (no winner declared), and our "fun" conversations for much of the ride back kept us awake enough. It was pretty painful to pass my exit on 95 in order to get back to where my car was but it was worth it. Oh and MAD PROPS to Steven for driving there!


So yeah, turning 26 has been good so far. I still have tonight (with Ali in Richmond) and tomorrow night (at home with the parents) left to celebrate so I'll update with anything us.


XXOO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to see the dragons "in the flesh". Talking/emailing about them just doesn't do them justice.
Your visit was a nice excuse to eat out at those restaurants, and a welcome excuse to bake birthday cupcakes. Come back any time!
~ARC

Unknown said...

Sigh. It was a fun, exhausting birthday weekend. Had fun being around my peeps for lon periods of time and meeting Anna. Stayed tuned for the NC video.

Miss Scarlet said...

*cue jungle sounds*

Anna-I'll def be back! Chapel Hill! Woop!