Pages

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Beautiful Love

It's no secret I love 8th & Ocean. If I believed in guilty pleasures then it would be one. It is also no secret that I love awesome 'pop'* songs and am at this moment working on my Summer Anthems of 2006 list/blog. But to combine two of my loves: MTV reality shows and awesome 'pop' songs I bring you this:

"Beautiful Love" by The Afters


Wow, I must have been hanging around Serena too much because I just went to type: "I'm fixin' for some beautiful love" but then laughed at my inclusion of what I guess is Texan slang? Although I guess it could be anywhere slang/accents, right? Oh and to clarify, any beautiful love I am looking for would be from the hott male variety, not Serena. Not that Serena isn't a good friend, she is, but I didn't want to leave the connection between "Fixin' for some beautiful love" and Serena and have people get the wrong idea. Also, don't forget that all sick-like symptoms are actually from POLLEN and I am germ-free for any potential beautiful love. Bring it.

Whoa, and get this: The Afters are from TEXAS (no wonder I said "fixin'") and some of the members worked at Starbucks (another love). Oooh and they're playing Connecticut in August (another love-CT, not August). I can't wait for the next 8th & Ocean!




*'pop' in the "popular music" definition not the Britney/Christina/Pink variety even though I love that stuff, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dig the hole...hahahaha. If you find any strays (hott men), snag one for me. On a side note, I think the Afters played this year's SXSW.

Tyjen said...

i am addicted to 8th and Ocean too!