Pages

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Secret Sharer

How does an evening get to the point of asking, "Have you stuck your tongue down anyone's throat lately?" I mean, that question is a golden gem and one I hope to not only keep in my arsenal but to also have an answer for asap. This supreme work of questioning wasn't my own though. That honor goes to Serena and I give her full props.

We realized that since we email often (!), we cover a broad range of topics before we even get to the point of hanging out. For instance, tonight, before we had gotten to the meet up time, we had already talked about what we did during the day and discussed the night before. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if it was just us two as we would then hang out and talk about annoying people or discuss our plans for taking over the world or something. Tonight though it was me, Serena, and Steven and as we sat there at the coffee shop we started to struggle for things to say. It's not like we don't have enough in common but like we realized, Serena and I had already talked about it all. So then we get to one of those little lulls in the conversation and I find my mind immediately going to the more risque topics like, "Who is the last person you dated?" "If you had to kiss one person in this room, who would it be?" "Do you still talk to your ex?" And really, Serena problably knows my answer to all of those questions and me, her's. So we both turn to the third person in the group because we realize we don't know every detail about him (or her in other scenarios). Usually we catch ourselves and realize we're venturing down the "Super Nosy and Annoying Path" but sometimes it is after the questions are posed. I guess I'm writing this as it's a recent realization and also for anyone who ends up being the 3rd person in our group when hanging out. Just be warned that at some point in the evening you may get your very own, "Have you stuck your tongue down anyone's throat lately?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG...I love this post! I can't believe I missed it!