Pages

Monday, May 15, 2006

Chasing Cars

What perfection! Grey's Anatomy is perfection! And the season finale cliffhanger was just enough, it was almost subtle but still perfect. Not shove it in your face, "OH my gosh, did he die?" kind of cliffhanger but the kind that that had been building for so long and is more than just throwing a situation together to bring viewers back in the fall. I love it so much!

And I hate people who turn their noses at TV, like it's beneath them and rots brains or something. I assure you, my brain has not been affected by enjoying Greys Anatomy (I got my grades today! 4.0!). I've never understood how somehow watching a movie isn't the same as watching a TV show but I guess, to each their own, eh?


Oh, and they used Snow Patrol...I <3 Snow Patrol:

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love Snow Patrol too. It was such a good show!

Unknown said...

I don't watch Grey's Anatomy but evidently everyone in my life does. I have officially heard from all fronts how awesome the finale was.

Sparklebot said...

4.0? Nice job.

I also love Grey's, but missed last night! I'm gonna be downloading right after work.

lala said...

1. hate izzy. feel a little bad for her, but hate her. think she's going to be really effed up if she comes back?

2. finn or mcdreamy? mcdreamy or finn? oh to be in meredith's shoes.

3. i used to hate christina. now, i really like her.

4. addison is growing on me, too.

5. i thought it was alex who was going to leave...based on my sleuthing skills, where i google images of "grey's anatomy cast" and it's always of the foursome and bailey.

6. i thought sunday night's episode was better, to be honest.

rooroo said...

all the music in the last few hours was awesome... that show has awesome awesome music all around.

agh! such a good episode, besides the BORING 10:00-10:30 crap... when doc died i ALMOST lost it, and when denny died i started to mist up, but when alex said all those things to izzie and then picked her up? oh my god, i almost had to leave the room, i was hysterical.

CBK said...

I liked both eps up to the last minute of Monday's. All that serious, heavy stuff happens, and they close with a silly shot of three people looking back and forth at each other?!? I know that her name is in the show, but I thought it was anticlimactic to close with Meredith's stupid man drama. Definitely not as powerful as the other story lines.

Shannon said...

i apparently missed the final few minutes...dork that i am
i thought oh denny's dead and mere/mcdreamy are doing it...the end...

i truly enjjpy this show
i am a tv watcher...i am always more excited to get tv dvd's than movies from netflix... with tv i can follow characters that grow and become more complex with time and storylines that are organic from the foundation that a good show lays....check out veronica mars...movies are obviously limited by time restraints...

Miss Scarlet said...

Cheryl- It always hits me more when they use good music at the right times.

Flameon- You should get it on Netflix, do it like I do for One Tree Hill so you can watch and enjoy it but not be a slave to the timing when it comes on new.

Smash- Let me know what you think...and, THANKS! I was excited!

Lala- 1. She's definitely going to be soooo effed up. I like her and always have, not sure what it is. And I liked her freak out scenes, thought she did a good job.
2. OH, McDreamy!!!!!
3. Me, too! I loved the part where the Chief says he won't help her be less human.
4. Ditto. Her realizations were so sad:(
5. I thought so, too!!!
6. Sundays was like, "HOLY CRAP!" and really made people come back on Monday. I liked Monday though bc it was long and it wasn't rushed.

Roo roo- Doc dying seriously was tough-the dog definitely represented more. Oh man and Izzy on the elevator and Denny had died and then her not wanting to leave and then Alex!!!! I was SO misty.

Shannon- I totally agree. I like getting involved with the characters and watching them develop. Who is to say that each episode of TV isn't like a mini movie or something. That said, films are amazing for saying so much in a short amount of time. I love both.

minijonb said...

The music in GA was pretty good in the first season, but I've missed most of it this year. Any good songs in episodes I need to check out when I scan the backcatalog?

CBK said...

Why did you intentionally skip my comment? ;-)

Miss Scarlet said...

HAHAH OMG, I didn't mean to. I hate how to reply to them all I have to scroll up and down.


SORRY!

In response to CBK, I agree and disagree. The love mess seems trivial when compared to people dying but it's still such a big part of the show. I liked how it was a subtle cliff hanger.

Miss Scarlet said...

minijonb, I'll get back to you!