Pages

Monday, June 19, 2006

Alpha Beta Parking Lot

People always report that VA has the highest number of personalized license plates like it's a bad thing. I have never understood why paying the measly $10 extra dollar a year (a YEAR, for less than a cup of coffee a day is how much a personalized plate costs!) has been considered a bad thing. So with my plates up for renewal I've been considering getting personalized plates again. Yes, again. I used to have "SGT PPPR" but then there was some rotating and acquiring of cars so my sister's car ended up with those plates and since then we never paid to switch them over to my car. I love those plates though and don't want to give them up.

When I got my car last summer I went over to the DMV website to see what plates were available and tried out a few combinations:

TTSHOTT

THTSHT

LUVSIT

LOVESIT


(Before you ask, YES, I love Paris Hilton and as a side note, "Stars Are Blind" is SO going on the Summer Anthems 2006 Mix!)

Thank goodness I took a step back from the computer screen though to look at my plate ideas as an unknowing motorist might:

TITS HOTT

THAT SHIT

LUV SHIT

LOVE SHIT


Needless to say, I did not get those plates. I love neither shit, nor tits* and am happy I realized the possible mistake before I made it.

I won't say what plates I am considering until I either have them on my car or have sent in the less exciting fee to just renew the ones I have (although I do have a fun mnemonic device to remember them.) But please, if you are anti-personal plates, please tell me why. I don't understand it and when you think about it, how often are you going to be offended by them? Unless you're stalking me, the likelihood of you being behind my car more than once in awhile is slim to none. And I don't have a PT Cruiser so I'm not getting anything annoying like, "LVMYPT" or "ME N PT" nor do I have a husband so you don't have to worry about the equally stupid ones like, "SVR WPB**" or "SVR SVR***". I, too, get annoyed with those types of personlized plates but have no problem with other clever ones.

I'll report back on whether or not I join the group again!



*Why is this considered a bad word? As in, it's bleeped out on the radio. I've never understood.
**William Bradley Pitt
***How cute if my future husband's intitials are the same as mine!? Ew not cute. I'm hoping to marry into the O'Hara's or Butlers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CAKE!

Do you remember my idea?

Personalized license plates are not for me, because I am a cheap bastard.

SD

Miss Scarlet said...

$10 a year for them is nothing though. But I understand not wanting one.

I do remember your idea...it's what I might get.

minijonb said...

oh... just get SVR ROX and be done with it =:-)

Pagan Marbury said...

I love Paris too. Will you burn me a copy of your forthcoming mix, or at least post your set list on your blog?

Anonymous said...

i love me some cake. ruby sees all, ya know. :)

rooroo said...

cakey cake cake cake cake. ;)

CBK said...

I'm not anti vanity plates as a concept, just anti dumb vanity plates.

I used to love to watch Bumper Stumpers as a kid.