Pages

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Words

The Blogography, Part 3 of ?. This is also when you're probably going to start thinking I've taken up way too much space online.

Second Accounting Cycle is the brainchild of me and Anna that is not only a blog, but a band. It's me (bass), Anna (guitar), and my sister, Ali (drums). I forget WHY we decided to start a band but I do remember the night, in 2001, when Anna and I chose the name for it and talked about merch. We never really got the band off the ground but did have a promise from Conrad of Trail of Dead to open for them once we were ready. This blog is mostly about how much we rock. We also had a webpage that I actually was 'proud' of because I made it from nothing but now it seems to be gone into the abyss of the internet which is probably for the best.

So The 451 Family blog went on, as I said, until late last year when I started this one. When I moved to Richmond after college, I didn't have a job for awhile because I was taking classes at VCU* so I had a lot of free time and not much else to do so once I started dominating the 451 blog, I decided I needed to start another one, by myself:

Insanity Ensuing. As you can see from the first entry, it started as a place to keep track of quotes I liked and set lists from bands I saw. Eventually it became something with more sustenance as I started having more to write about and I think I really lived up to the name I had given the blog. It was a crazy year or so full of classes which I was by then so over, friends who would piss me off by not being there, my extreme lack of money, and of course, guys, or really, my ever present flock of guy FRIENDS. One thing I got really good at with this blog was writing cryptically. I knew, for the most part, who was reading and who was not and while there were stuff I wanted to say, I didn't want to give details. I also, apparently, did a lot of surveys on this blog, too. I kept this blog up until last December, too, writing on and off and saving my more "Oh my gosh, I'm going insane" posts for it-the kind where I didn't want EVERYONE to read them but wanted it out there and perhaps run across at a later date.

I think 2003 was the Year of Blogs for me because I seemed to start a lot that year. I worked back at home for the summer at the pool for my fifth and final year of being Assistant Manager and Head Swim Team Coach. In an effort to reach out to more people, I started the "RSC Dolphins" blog where I posted news, results, and practice info. I miss coaching that team, a lot. Too bad people ran the pool into the ground and they all sucked at life and ostracized their best employees. (Good thing I'm not bitter, right?;) I'm not, really.)

I also started Halo Heart in an effort to win a Foo Fighters competition through their website. On their end it would get the word out about the band and on my end, I could potentially win some stuff. I don't know who I was kidding though, I had NO time to keep the thing updated so it pretty much sucks. The crappiness of the blog, however, is of no correlation to my love of the band, though. Just thought I'd point that out.

I also started two other, more secret blogs in 2003. One with my sister which has only three entries because we were both busy and it was just an idea we had. The other was with Anna again and we wrote on it for a few years before the true inundation of gmail and therefore, lack of need for a blog that was like email to each other anyway. I'm sorry for the lack of linking to these blogs but they are either messed up and won't work, incriminating to any potential political careers, or are ones that aren't in my discretion to put out there. (Believe me, though, you aren't missing out on anything.)



I think I only have one more part which will include Livejournal, and my current three blogs.





*No, not grad school. It's a long story, I'll tell it later.

5 comments:

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Wow!

That's a lot of blogging. I thought I had been going for a while, but clearly not.

Miss Scarlet said...

I kick old skool when it comes to blogging. I think I wanted to clarify that while SVR is new, I, queshiraz17, am not.

minijonb said...

And I thought I was over the top with 2 identities and 4 blogs.

My Word Verification is: fpcejewb ... The Jewish homeboy in me is all worked up over it = ; - )

Miss Scarlet said...

I only keep up with 3 right now;)

And you're a Jewish homeboy? hott!

Pam said...

You've earned the Bloggie Best Blogger Award! I just made that up...but you win!