Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

These Wooden Ideas

Today's post topics come by recommendation which, by the way, I will always take.

1. How today's world is meant for couples.

It's true. If I had a husband I would be living with twice the income and a tax breaks. Also, only one of us would have to have insurance and it would be much easier to cook meals for two than one which was always a problem in my past places. Also, weekends would potentially be easier bc 1) we'd always have a date and 2) we would have that extra money!

2. Lack of computers.

My laptop died. I am distraught. I'm taking it to hopefully get fixed today.

3. Groan up decisions.

One time I called my friend a real Grown Up because he was makin big decisions about buying large things but I accidently spelled it G-R-O-A-N. I figured it worked so I left it like that. Decisions involving any of the following suck:

a. buying property
b. insurance
c. 401K/investing/non-regular savings accounts

4. Genital warts.

NO, I do not have genital warts. I saw that an ex-friend of mine from a previous job has been going out in Fairfax recently. I told Steven about it and he jokingly asked if I wanted to make amends. I said, "Ew, no. she's a whore and thought she had genital warts one summer." She sucks. I never want to be her friend.

5. Favorite childhood experiences.

My brother called and joked that he was going to Kutztown, PA this weekend. I was instantly jealous but he had been joking. See, every summer for as long as I could remember, my entire family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) went to the Kutztown Festival in PA. It was always so much fun! Lots of Amish and Dutch things, and the "silversmith" where I would buy rings, funnel cakes (until I stopped eating them because one year I got funnel cake mix for a present and ate so many I barfed), oysters (I never ate those, either), the big chair, buggies to take pictures with, bluegrass bands (that I didn't appreciate then but would now), sassafras beer (?), tons of quilts (blah), the one-room school house musuem, etc. It was always so much fun and I miss that part of the summer.

12 comments:

Sparklebot said...

I hate people with genital warts.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the benefits of two incomes for rent.

SCD

Anonymous said...

I hate people with genital warts, too.

I also agree with you that this world revolves around couples. Ick! What's a single girl to do?

Unknown said...

Great...now you've made me want to go to this festival.

SCD, are you advocating marriage? You thinking of getting hitched soon? Remember to forego the garter dig.

minijonb said...

I love your "Groan Up" story. It reminds me of all the "Throwing Away" parties I've held for people when they move away.

Miss Scarlet said...

Smash- SRSLY!

SCD- I thought that was assumed when I said, double income.

Lynn- It's just not fair that the extra income would help so much!

Flameon- Kutztown RULES! Garter dig?

Minijonb- Groan is right!

dara said...

I'm stealing the term "groan up." It's perfect.

And boo to couples, broken computers and genital warts.

teahouse said...

That festival sounds like fun!

And the people I know who are married are always saying how lucky I am to be single! Mainly because I can keep all of my money, instead of having to make joint decisions about how to spend it. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Cheryl said...

Being a groan up totally sucks.

Anonymous said...

not everyone who has genital warts is a whore. I don't know how you can say you hate people with them if you don't know the situation.

Miss Scarlet said...

I don't hate people BECAUSE they have genital warts (unless they don't tell their partners they do but that's a whole other story). I would not like this girl regardless.

Anonymous said...

GENITAL WARTS ROCK!

Anyway - one of the best things about Pennsylvania is funnel cake (add that to the list starting with Wawa). We could have a really good list of what's wrong with PA (top of the list - can't buy beer or liquor in a supermarket - for that matter in the same place - beer at a distributor and liquor at a state store). What a crock.