Pages

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I Decide

A public Pro/Con List:

Reasons To Take Three Classes This Fall:
+ to be finished asap
+ because I do not do things halfway (ok, I do, but I'm used to taking the maximum amount of classes possible)
+ because what if* I only take two and then am even more busy in the spring or something. Or if the spring class schedules don't work out at all?

Reasons Not To Take Three Classes This Fall:
+ Money (Both for tuition and that is less time I could potentially work at BN)
+ I already work 45 hours at my "real" job plus what will be as much as possible at Barnes and Noble (at least 8 hours a week, but up to 20 or so)
+ What if all three classes have tons of work and I end up burnt out and crying in a corner somewhere?


I am waiting to find out if a class I found at UVA-NOVA can be substituted for the one I have on Tuesday. Once I find that out, I can really move forward with my decisions. Too bad these decisions need to be made in like, a day.







*tsktsk

4 comments:

lala said...

Pro: it's "easier" to study/do homework in the winter than in the spring.

Miss Scarlet said...

Lala- Perhaps. I'm a BIG FAN of fall, though, so I'll want to be outside. I'm actually able to find a reason not to work pretty much anytime.

dara said...

I always took more classes than I thought I needed to, and things always worked themselves out. But I also wanted to be finished with school -- and that was really stupid. School is so much more awesome than work.

Unknown said...

I'd be likely to do all 3 and get it over with, but that's just me. I also understand needing to enjoy life some and hate to see you crazy tired.