Pages

Friday, August 25, 2006

MIA

Today is my last day in an office job for what I hope is the rest of my life. Monday I start my new job at the school teaching middle school band. The gig goes until November and then I'll either continue subbing or will magically find another long-term placement or, better yet, real position.

While I am very excited for the start of the school year...ok, wait, that's such a lie. I will never ever ever be excited for a school year to start. Monday not only brings my new job, but it is also the start of another semester of grad school at UMW. To say I'll be busy is the understatement of the year. So what does all of this mean for you guys? It means I'll probably be MIA on the internet from 7am until 3pm everyday AT LEAST. I know, I know, how will your statcounters survive without my hits!? How will you make it through the day without my comments and blogs? I won't lie that it's not going to be tough.

There's no way I'm going to blog less. If there's one thing I'm sure of it is that when faced with either doing schoolwork or getting online and blogging...I'm going to choose blogging 9 times out of 10 with the 10th time only being bc I'm not near a computer.

Another idea I had was for you all just to imagine I've moved to another time zone which would explain the lateness of my reading, commenting, and writing.

I'm going to miss you all, Day Bloggers. I really am;) But I'll be back! Teachers get summers off, suckers!


XO,
SVR

10 comments:

KassyK said...

You know I am in the same boat now that I can't blog at work unless I am on a break or no one is here (like today). We'll both be night bloggers...Ooh sounds sexy. Good luck at the new job!!

lala said...

omg, i didn't think about how this was going to affect ME. dang it, i'm going to be SO BORED. i am going to look for you on google talk and you will NOT BE THERE.

single tear.

but you will be at an awesome job doing what you love. so i guess i will suffer for your craft.

Anonymous said...

I'm starting my new job Monday too (did I tell you I FINALLY got a job???) It's going to be difficult not being able to check my email and all my blogs 4327641237846238794612398764 times a day!

Miss Scarlet said...

Kassyk- Ooooh I like that! "Night bloggers:)

Lala- Haha, I know, I'm sorry. I can still email some.

Cindy- WHere are you working!!!!?

Unknown said...

You no one is happier for you than me. I'm super psyched that you'll finally get to put that talent to the greater good. However, while lala is shedding a single tear, I'm crying buckets over the loss of the one person who can keep me sane during the day with email. I like emailing about craving fries, what to get for lunch, and who we'd take to a desert island. Keeps my brain sharper for those real work tasks ; )

Vanessa said...

Ahh! What are you going to do? Can you sneak your cellphone under your desk like I do? I'm super happy for you. Weekends, holidays and summers off. Can't get better than that. Plus, SPRING BREAK!

Anonymous said...

whoa... middle school band. that's hard core. i'm sure you'll have plenty to post about at night, with tales of adolescent craziness

good luck

Anonymous said...

I got a job working for an organization that specializes in counseling emotionally disturbed kids and their families. I'm kind of nervous because it can get pretty hardcore...kids threatening to commit suicide or getting arrested. But I'm also pretty excited. I used to love working with those kids when I was teaching, but I never got to spend a lot of time with them because I'd have 40 other kids in class to worry about.

I can not wait to hear all about your middle school stories. It almost makes me miss the craziness I had at Liberty. Kids are so funny...I know you'll be tired, but you better keep us all updated on all your band sagas!!!!

Miss Scarlet said...

Serena- I'm going to be sad when it's almost lunchtime and I can't even consider getting french fries:(

Vanessa- Haha! I'm already looking forward to the few 1/2 days I get to enjoy while there.

Connie- Hopefully they're all stories about the musical geniuses I have.

Cindy- CONGRATS!!!!! And I will def keep you posted on the tweens.

Anonymous said...

Have a great first day.

We'll all adjust and it's not like you're going away.

Good luck tomorrow.