Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2006

What's Left Of Me

Props to Nick Lachey for pointing out the elephant in the room at the Teen Choice Awards when he won for love song of the year with "What's Left Of Me." How weird to have the awards show hosted by your ex-wife and her new (hott) beau and then win for love song of the year with your post-divorce song.



I'm watching to see KFed, okay?


UPDATE:

I can't resist commenting on a few other things:

1. HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL SUCKS SO MUCH HOW CAN ANYONE LIKE IT!!!???? And beating out Gilmore Girls? I'm disappointed in the youth of today. I even tried to watch HSM and found it so dreadful I turned it off after just a few moments.

2. Would a Veronica Mars fan explain to me why you like this show so much? I think i can't get pas the fact that Kristin Bell is like 25 and playing a high schooler. (Don't bring up Dawson's Creek or Andrea Zuckerman, please.)

3. Why wasn't Johnny Depp in the audience? Do you think he showed up just to accept those last two awards and then left right away? I can't blame him. It was kind of odd, though. And did you notice how even the hot tub girls, who for previous awards had continued hot tubbing, even looked around at him.

4. Ashley Olsen and Snoop Dogg. Awesome!!

5. I love Britney Spears. Anyone who brought me "I'm A Slave 4 U" and "Oops, I Did It Again" can do no wrong in my eyes.

6. KFed- OK, I think it had a really good start with the piano bit and the other dudes doing their thing. I couldn't help but think, "Vanilla Ice?" and felt like there needed to be more sound behind his voice as it got kind of bare at times. I can't be a KFed Hater, though. There are enough of them out there.

7. Dane Cook=hott!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's a post-divorce song, does it really qualify as a love song? Wouldn't it be an un-love song? I hate that song and have never really paid attention to the words...

Don't feel bad. I'll be tuning in at the end of the show to see KFed. (I heard he was closing the show...hopefully that's right.) God, I hope he sucks. ;););)

Miss Scarlet said...

Well, I guess it's a "I just had a weird, bad breakup, but I really like you, can you love 'what's left of me'?"


I like it, but I loved Newlyweds so much I would like anything either of them did;)

Anonymous said...

SHIT I MISSED KFED BECAUSE I WAS UPDATING MY STUPID BLOG. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to find it on You Tube...

Every single one of the girls I taught last year freaking loved that High School Musical thing. I've never tried to watch it, although Natalie from SYTYCD was in it!

As for Gilmore Girls, it's been on for so long that I don't think teenagers now watch it. They were like 2 when it started...

Miss Scarlet said...

I didn't watch enough of HSM to see Allison on it.

And Gilmore Girls started in like, 1999, or something. I don't expect it to win among stupid teens, but I hate for fine television to go up against crap like High School Musical and "lose."

Anonymous said...

I have never watched Gilmore Girls (I know Scarlet, don't disown me...) but I do know that every year when the Emmy nominations come out there are tons of people who don't understand why Lauren Graham isn't nominated. I should really watch that show...maybe I need to add those DVDs to my Netflix. I do like Lauren Graham...she won the first Celebrity Poker Showdown.

Miss Scarlet said...

Sweet- That's a good point. He so should have danced!

Cindy- I will come down there and have a Gilmore Girls watching marathon with you.

Ant- I used to hate her with a passion, but then I saw an interview where she said how she knows she's not a great singer, but she loves to dance and entertain. Then I could like her bc she admitted she's an entertainer and not a great vocalist.

Anonymous said...

My husband turned it on to watch Kfed and damn was that bad. We both though Vanilla Ice as well Scarlet. I'm certainly not the best judge of rap music but even I could tell it was really bad. Why in the world would anyone put that crap on TV? As for Britney she is too stupid to truly hate cause you just have to pity her. Her music is crap though.

Miss Scarlet said...

I can't help but feel badly for him, though, Stephanie. It was bad, but I hope he wasn't stupid enough to not know he would get dogged by people today. He did create Sean Preston, though, who IS the cutest baby ever.

Unknown said...

Ha! You've crossed into the Dane Cook darkside ; ) Glad I didn't watch because I would have been pissed at the Gilmore Girls thing.

Miss Scarlet said...

Serena- Oh, he's always been hott. And it annoys me more that GG doesn't win at the Emmys or Golden Globes.

Beakerz said...

Dane is funny as shit, I'll give ya that but I couldn't make myself sit through the teen choice awards. I saw two seconds of the opening and almost threw my remote through the tv.

Miss Scarlet said...

I should clarify that I watched it the TiVo-way. I FFed through most of it, stopping for a few presents/awards and KFed, of course.

Anonymous said...

Veronica Mars is a dark, edgy, suprisingly smartly written show, and Kristen Bell is as cute as a button! They get away with so much, you never feel like you're watching a "teen drama."

You should check it out!

(And I have to root for K.Bell, she's from my hometown!)

Vanessa said...

I can be a K-Fed hater and I will be. That break dancer was friggin' awesome though! Britney looked better than usual, but would it kill her to add a few more inches to the top and bottom of her dress? Dane Cook=HOTT!!!

Vanessa said...

Sorry Scarlet, I'm not hating on you. :o)