Pages

Sunday, August 06, 2006

A Sunday

This weekend has been exhausting. Ok, I'm being a bit melodramatic, but I haven't gone out both nights AND worked both days in quite awhile and in my old age, that really takes it out of a girl.

Friday night i went to Auld Shabeen (sp?) to meet up with some college boos. I'm glad I went, but I do wish it had been quieter and not 4392 degrees*. Either the crowd that frequents that place has changed or the "cool" look has changed, because the look in the place was much more "indie" and a lot less "frat-boy preppy" like it used to be. I go back and forth on liking and hating that place.

Saturday I worked from 9-530 and then Serena and I went to Rio Grande to use some gift certificates she snatched from BN. That is where I had drinks 1, 2, and 3 of the night. I also ate a lot of food because it was free. Eventually it was time to meet up with the rest of the group at Coastel Flatts...aka Mojitoville. Um, I had 3. But one was purchased for me (thanks, boo.)

I was annoyed with myself because I have absolutely NO INTEREST in any guy who was there yet I kept being stupid and flirting or making "eyes". UGH! Yes, I do think a few of them are attractive, but HELLO, that's just an appreciation for good looking things. Would I make out with them? Probably**. At first I was embarassed because I was being stupid and loud and calling people hott. But then later I realized I had no reason to be embarassed because if that bothers the recipient, then they are the ones with the problem. I hadn't been in the "flirt" role in awhile so I was out of practice and also around some people who had never seen that. Anyway, I don't know why I'm talking about this here. Just some thoughts I had.

Today I worked 9-530 again and was exhausted. Now I'm at home willing the time to stop so I don't have to go to hell work tomorrow. BUT, I *might* have some awesome news soon:)



*I sound like an old woman.
**I would also probably regret it in the "I work with these people" way

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for potential good news!

Remember when you sang Sunday Bloody Sunday?

:)

Miss Scarlet said...

I do, thank you. Remember when I rested my hand on your crotch? Because I don't.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!!!

lala said...

sometimes you need a fun, flirty night like that, though. im kinda jealous!

Unknown said...

I remember your hand on his crotch and Bloody Sunday. Hahaha. By the way, we need to go back for sangrias stat.