Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Speed Read

I admit it. I haven't finished my reading assignment! Bookclub is tomorrow night and after sleeping and working tonight and tomorrow, I have roughly 9 hours to finish Straight Up & Dirty. Clearly nine hours is enough time to finish the 120 pages I have left, but is it likely for my to hit 'publish' on this blog and then hit the books? Not very likely. How often in high school did I finish a book? Hmmm, maybe once or twice.* Once I have to finish a book or assignment, I find anything else to do.

But I'll get it done or, as way too many people around here say, "get 'r' done!"**

For the rest of you, though! Do no worry if you haven't read the book or even heard of the book. Come join us at the Fairfax Barnes and Noble tomorrow night. Email me for more information and seriously, if you haven't read it, don't worry about it. The subject matter is such that we'll probably stray from the book anyway and we might be speaking with the other via technology so you won't want to miss this.

See you all tomorrow night!!!




*School books, people. If you tell me to read a boring book then I'm not likely to do it. I love to read, but on my time and by my choice. I'm just clarifying that I do read. There's not enough time in school to finish books;) Why would I waste my time reading Flannery O'Connor who makes me want to be illiterate and To Kill A Mockingburd the three times it was forced upon me? No thanks. I'll stick to what I like: science, math and music.
**I just threw up in my mouth a little.

6 comments:

Lady Apple said...

hmmm, i love to read also...i have never been in a bookclub though. i am not sure that i would like it...do you all get together and discuss the book?

Unknown said...

I'm the same way when it comes to being forced to read something. There are so many of the classics that I've gone back and read now that I don't have to.

Anonymous said...

I would love to get in a book club. Is there one at all Barnes and Nobles, or is this something your store is doing on their own? I'm waiting to get Straight Up and Dirty from the Library...is it good?

CBK said...

Jimmy Eat World! (who also happens to be playing on my iPod right now!)

Did you not like To Kill a Mockingbird, or just didn't like having to read it three times? That's one of the few books I really liked reading in school.

Miss Scarlet said...

Jessica- It's our first meeting actually! We're going to discuss the book AND talk to the author. SO EXCITED!


Serena- I hated the students who COULD get all the reading done, ugh.

Cindy- Most BNs have them, but not all BNs have one like ours that is totally awesome;)

CBK- Glad you asked. I HATED TKAM and was so annoyed when I had to read it AGAIN in school. It has taken me until now to consider rereading to see if I'd like it.

Anonymous said...

I love Flannery O'Conner! Where else can you read about a person with a fake leg having sex in a hayloft?