Pages

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bullet With Butterfly Wings

I'm up "early" to watch the Men's Wimbledon Final to which I will be hooked until the champion is named. The way it's going so far though, it's going to be a short match. I hope it's like the French Open and Rafael Nadal steps it up after the first set though. He's just making way too many unforced errors so far and against Roger Federer, that's a death wish. I love watching matches like these because as long as they both play well, I am happy with either winner.

The women's final yesterday was weird to watch because I don't like either Amelie Mauresmo or Justine Henin-Hardenne. I was okay with Mauresmo winning only because she played well. And it was kind of funny when she said for people to stop talking about her nerves now. I will admit I don't like Justine because her body freaks me out. It's like she went overboard with training-ew!

I think it's funny people keep doing google searches of "Nadal wedgie"...I'm not really sure what to say about that but you'd think the guy would alter his underwear choices if he's having that much trouble with them. I know I wouldn't want to have to alter my knickers with a gazillion people watching!

XO,
SVR

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you've already put a new post up after this one, but I have a couple of comments. Hopefully you'll look back and see that I've written this...

1. I think Justin Henin-Hardenne looks like a cross between a fourteen yearold boy (no hips/no body shape) and an 11 year old girl whose breasts have just started developing and she's sort of at that awkward stage everyone goes through where you almost need a bra, but you're not quite there yet.

2. I'm wondering if picking your wedgies just isn't a big deal in countries other than America. I mean, what if wedgie picking is a sign of verilaty (I didn't spell that right, but you know what I mean) in Spain (or whatever island near Spain he's actually from).

3. I like Federer MUCH better now that he got rid of that God-awful short pony tail, which made him look like a white pimp.

--Cindy

Miss Scarlet said...

Haha that's a perfect description of JHH!!!!! I mean, yes, her number one priority on the court is tennis BUT she needs to do something about the boobular area.

I really like Nadal now and don't mind his wedgie picking now. He's kinda hott.

I totally agree about Federer and the ponytail. I couldn't stand him when he had it and now he's so much better. His hair is hott now.

CBK said...

I thought Mauresmo was the freakishly masculine one. Although, I haven't seen Justine in a while.

Miss Scarlet said...

Mauresmo is more manly while JHH is more prepubescent boy/girl.

CBK said...

Mmmmmm. That's what I'm talking about!

Totally kidding!!!

Anonymous said...

Hold on - Mauresmo vs JHH and JHH is the one the went overboard? I think not - although I'll do a little more research.