Pages

Monday, July 03, 2006

Still Fighting It

This tennis match I'm watching is awesome: Nadal vs. Labadze.

Nadal is seeded #2 and has been playing very well on the grass so far. Labadze is a qualifier who doesn't even have a clothing contract so is wearing a white shirt given to him by the Wimbledon officials. And they keep calling Labadze the "heavy-set guy" because well, fitness really isn't what has him out there in the round of 16. And I really like Rafael Nadal now. After how he played and acted when he beat Agassi, I am now a fan. It doesn't really take much for me to change my mind with players. Labadze reminds me a little of Goran Ivanisovic (!!).


This is one of those matches where I don't know who to cheer for. I want Labadze to do well because it's always fun for a qualifier to do well but I want Nadal to do well because I like him and Nadal/Federer in the final would be sick.

(I love tennis.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't even know who you're talking about, but you've already endeared me to them, especially the guy without a clothing contract. Love it.