Pages

Monday, July 03, 2006

Hello? Is This Thing On?

I have my laptop back. For those who didn't know, my harddrive crashed and FINALLY a service plan I had purchased was used (don't get me started on not having it for my now -dead iPod). But with a new harddrive comes a pretty empty computer. I got Firefox, AIM, and iTunes back the other day when I used the coffee shop's wireless and then Steven got my Office on Sat. Today I'm trying to get my 8,000 or so songs back on iTunes. I've never been good about backing up my computer but it was definitely a nice feeling to know that I had all of those songs on an external harddrive so I will NOT be spending countless hours uploading all of those CDs again. I've decided to put them on my laptop though and have them backed up on the external. Originally, I had been worried about junking up my laptop since my last computer took it's last breath as an overstuffed machine full of 8 years of crap. I also had been good about backing up my digital pictures onto CDs but even the thought of losing the last 100 or so I had not burned to disc was too much so I paid to have my data extracted. (It was a good decision, though, as I later realized I would also have lost all of my papers and school work-omg!)

So anyway, my day off today is being spent watching A LOT of tennis (GO, MURRAY!) and getting iTunes back to normal. I hope everyone else either has a lovely, long day off or a speedy, quick and easy day at work.

XO,
SVR

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hello! You are on!

Cheers!