Pages

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Undone (The Sweater Song)

Ali is my younger sister and the following took place on our way home from seeing The Devil Wears Prada which was SO good:

Scarlet: I was reading Marie Claire the other day and got so excited with the fall fashion layouts. I was like, 'Oh my gosh, BROWNS, I LOVE YOU!' I can't wait!

Ali
: I'm not really into sweaters anymore.

*Crickets*

Scarlet: Are you joking? What are you going to wear? I can't wait to wear scarves and sweaters and coats.

Ali: I don't know, I'm just not excited for them anymore. I...

Scarlet: What?

Ali: I kind of...like...

Scarlet: ARE YOU SAYING YOU LIKE SUMMER!? Are you cheating on our hatred for hot weather?!

Ali: Well, I don't hate it as much as I used to, I guess.

Scarlet: Hmmm

Ali: I'm sorry, I don't love it or anything.

Scarlet: ...It's ok I mean, it hasn't been as hot this summer yet and I do like wearing skirts and flip flops. But I don't love it or anything and I can't wait til fall.

Ali: Yeah...So you wanna go to the pool tomorrow?

Scarlet
: YES!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the real SWEATER SONG? I loved that song. I loved that song, but not as much as I love seaters and boots and blue jeans and blazers and scarves. I heart autumn and am looking so forward to it now as I am cooped up in my AC and writing away.

Alison Santighian said...

sounds like a conversation i would have with my sister...

Miss Scarlet said...

Spencer- It was funnier in person;)

Lynn- I loved that song:) I am IN LOVE WITH autumn, too. It's so pretty.

Celine- Haha, which side would you be?

KassyK said...

Love it...Yep I'm the same..fall and spring are amazing clothes seasons and winter...HMMMM cozy sweaters and fitted cords. HOT!! I'm with you. I am also SUPER WHITE so the summer is never my best looking time. Lol.

Anonymous said...

that is NOT what was said. i said that i don't hate summer as much as YOU do. and i said i don't want to wear sweaters because i want to wear dresses. excuse me.

Miss Scarlet said...

Uhhh, Ali, I think we're both remember it differently. You never mentioned FALL dresses.


Kassyk- When I was a lifeguard and tan I loved to show it off but now, I'm so NOT tan at all-yelch!

minijonb said...

another great post with an even better title! scarlet, i've drafted you to be the musical director for my 2006 fantasy blogging all star team.

Alison Santighian said...

Un-sweater-related, did you get quoted in the Express (for your post on...argh! my brain isn't remembering...)

Miss Scarlet said...

Minijonb- AWESOME!

Celine- I don't think so...

Unknown said...

Hilarious. I can literally see the drama unfolding in the car.

Miss Scarlet said...

It was totally like those funny parts in Friends like when Monica goes to Bloomingdales without Rachel.