Pages

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Wish You Were Here

As much as I complain about living out in the boonies, there are some good things about it. I think the best one occurs everytime I pull in my driveway late at night and walk up to the front door. No matter how tired I am or how freezing it is outside...or how disgusting the sludge from the nearby farms smell (haha), I always take a moment to look up towards the sky. I couldn't name a single constellation up there but I am in love with the stars. So, as much as I love cities, I will always appreciate being able to see hundreds of stars in the sky.

So when I was pulling into my neighborhood and saw a shooting star up above, I gasped. In the long list of things I love, shooting stars are very high on the list and I take the opportunity to make a quick wish. They just make me happy. So any crappiness that had built up from my long car ride of thinking instantly vanished when I saw that shooting star.



<3 Shooting Stars

5 comments:

Pam said...

Awesome!

Cheryl said...

Very cool. I don't think I have ever seen a shooting star!

Miss Scarlet said...

NEVER? Cheryl....You must! Get out of the city and look up!

Unknown said...

Honestly, other than family, this is one of things I miss the most about Texas. Wow...I think I just got a bit nostalgic.

Mindi said...

So jealous. I haven't seen a star in MONTHS!