Pages

Monday, March 13, 2006

Plan A

In the time it took my computer to renew its virus protection I read three magazines, ate dinner, and caught up on TiVo.


I am NOT kidding.


See, living in the middle of nowhere has its pros but more often than not, it has many, many cons. Now is not the time to get into them all but the one that affected me the most tonight was my lack of high-speed internet. Please don't ostracize me but I have dial-up. There, I said it. I have slower than molasses, dinosaur-age, makes-me-want-to-kill-myself, dial-up internet. I watched myself age this evening as Norton renewed and updated itself.

But anyway, back to my magazine reading. So as I was reading Entertainment Weekly, or Premiere, or whichever one I was on, I couldn't help but think about how celebrities date so much and just seem to pass* one another on all over Hollywood. (Hello, Wilmar Valderamma or however you spell his name who must be everyone's jumping off point for celebrity dating.) Anyway, the point is, maybe we should take this one time to learn something from them. Maybe what us non-famous people should be doing is just dating everyone we encounter, whether or not we have some interest in them or not. Take your circle of friends and start a rotaton of dating. Nothing too serious, nothing too crazy, just a set up to try people out;) I think it would be very interesting...even if I don't think it will ever happen. It would get quite messy** I guess. I can already see my group of friends getting together and saying who is off-limits and setting ground rules. I guess my idea is at least good for an amusing thought.


*OK, Obviously I don't know what goes on with people's private lives even if I do always occasionally pick up US Weekly. It just seems like everyone dates everyone else.
**Complicated messy.

8 comments:

Roar Savage said...

My two cents: Dating around is a good thing. People should do it more often. Just not with close friends, hehe.

Unknown said...

I think the idea is hilarious and smashing. And you and I both know about the kind of people we'd put "off limits". Hahaha.

j.sterling said...

you just want to be next in line to date nick lachey.. just admit it. lol

Miss Scarlet said...

Mmmm, good idea!

Cheryl said...

Um, I don't think I will be using Hollywood as a romance guide myself.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder if they just keep on trading dates all the time just to get into US magazine.

Miss Scarlet said...

Yeah, Cheryl, I don't really see myself making a 180 and dating everyone all of a sudden.

Good thinking, Neil. It seems like 9 times out of 10 they "break up" and are fine. If they were real relationships, wouldn't they be sad?

Ha!

Anthony said...

From what I can tell, they never seem to last all that long anyway, so it's unlikely the break-ups would be very painful at the best of times. That said, how do we know the people in question aren't just friends? It seems you can't be seen to enjoy someone's company these days without everyone assuming there's something more to it ...